JOHN CONSTANTINE (1)
You're making a mistake.
Forgive me John, but weren't you the very man who gave evidence, not two hours ago, dismissing the validity of their case?
JOHN CONSTANTINE (2)
Didn't say I'd made a mistake.
2. On Judge Eisler, scowling.
You came into my courtroom.
Convinced the jury that the Patterson Gang were not under the Devil's Influence during their killing spree.
Consequently, they've been sentenced to imprisonment for the rest of the lives.
And I've made a mistake?
3. Constantine smiles grimly, still looking out the window.
Like I said in court.
The Devil doesn't often waste his time fucking with people like the Patterson's.
They were using the Devil's Influence as an excuse to escape their charges.
And I sentenced them appropriately.
4. Constantine has turned, now looking at Judge Eisler.
The Devil doesn't like it when people use his name like that; falsely.
He'll want to punish the Patterson's personally.
5. Tight on Constantine.
The easiest way to avoid what's coming is to just kill them.
Sentence the Patterson's to death, Judge.
6. On Judge Eisler, incredulous, not quite grasping Constantine's point.
Avoid - -
We don't have capital punishment in this country, John, you know that - -
7. On Constantine; the window is behind him now, and things look ominous, the sky blood-red.
Take a look outside, Judge.
See if that doesn't change your mind.