The following takes place after Neil Gaiman's Sandman run.
1. Puck from ‘Sandman’ is watching a group of teenagers from afar. There are four teens in total, two girls and two boys, each paired off with each other.
Hmm, what mischief can be had here...
2. Daniel/Dream of The Endless appears next to Puck.
There will be no more mischief from you, Puck.
No. And yes.
Well if you’re going to be all cryptic, I’ll add to the confusion.
3. Puck turns into Mr Mxyzptlk. He has a wide, mischievous grin on his face. Behind this smile is a hint of malice, which can also be seen in his eyes.
I go by many names.
4. A close up of Dream’s face. He is serious.
Nonetheless, you cause trouble in this reality. You do not belong. I am here to turn you away, or to implement the consequences if you choose not to.
5. Mr Mxyzptlk is looking at Dream with a smirk on his face. This may be tricky to convey, but on the far left of the panel is imp-like Mr Mxyzptlk. In the middle some visual effect representing a transformation, and on the far right hand side Mr Mxyzptlk’s transformation into a large, muscular figure in a black cloak (a play on Superman’s costume would fit well).
MXYZPTLK (imp form)
Consequences? Why Dream, you wouldn’t hurt your brother would you?
MXYZPTLK (muscular form)
For I am the 8th sibling of The Endless, DIMENSION!
6. We see Dream from the hips up. His right hand is raised in a dramatic fashion, but he looks slightly amused. He does not believe Mr Mxyzptlk.
You are immortal, but you are not one of The Endless.
However due to your lack of co-operation, your slumber will be.
7. Mr Mxyzptlk has reverted back to his imp form, and is sleeping soundly on the ground. The “zzz” appears above his head in a cartoon-y type fashion.
Dream's last line is pretty damn golden. I like the page but I love that line. Very well done, mate.ReplyDelete
Wow, Ben, this is really good! Dimension is a good 8th Endless, wish I had thought of that, haha.ReplyDelete
I'm not familiar with these characters, so through no fault of your own, I don't think I got the same level of enjoyment as I should've. Despite that, like Ryan, I loved Dream's final lines of dialogue and thought this was overall a wonderfully creative implementation of Mxyzptlk; truly innovative stuff. Great stuff, Ben.ReplyDelete