1. Tight on Mister Mxyzptlk, laughing maniacally, not looking at all like the diminutive, mischievous, playful imp Superman has come to expect every ninety days. His eyes are open wide, pupils dilated. He looks insane.
2. Pull back. Mister Mxyzptlk is floating in midair, arms crossed, as Metropolis - the world, actually, but we can only see this snapshot - descends into chaos; Mxy has animated buildings and in the background we can see these huge brick edifices literally fighting each other, debris flying as punches lad; amidst them, dinosaurs stomp, combatting the buildings; the sky is blood-red, the Earth is literally cracking. This is an apocalypse only Mxyzptlk could instigate.
I was foolish.
3. Superman, flying at Mister Mxyzptlk.
This isn't funny!
People are going to be killed - -
When Ahti was bestowed the Illuminator of All Realities - -
- - when she became Kismet - -
- - I reacted poorly.
4. One of the animated buildings crashes into Superman, disrupting his flight path. Mister Mxyzptlk breaks into laugher once again.
I wanted her power.
I deserved her power.
But it seems I don't need her power to manipulate realities...
5. Behind Mister Mxyzptlk, still floating in midair, arms crossed, is the faded embodiment of Dominus*, a smile of satisfaction plastered on his face.
Not when I can manipulate the mind of this imp from the fifth dimension,
and make his worst nightmares a reality...
and my dreams come true.
and my dreams come true.
To be Continued...
*Dominus - destroyer of worlds - first appeared in ACTION COMICS #747; he can create realities based on the worst nightmares of his opponents. It's the author's assertion that Mister Mxyzptlk isn't out to hurt anybody when he appears every 90 days. He simply wants to have some fun. Deep down, Mxy is a prankster; a supremely powerful being after some laughs. His worst nightmare would be to become something else ... something far more deadly ...
Great script Simon. Loved the description of Mxyzptlk's insanity, and can very much picture his maniacal laugh demolishing cities as Dominus stands behind, pulling the strings.ReplyDelete
Sime, good use of Mxy AND Dominus, very well done indeed. I'm not sure if this would work with a continued story or just as this one page...?ReplyDelete
Thanks guys, yeah I don't know how I'd expand on the story's plot...ReplyDelete
... but I'd really love to expand the page count and have Ed McGuinness illustrate 22 pages of Mxy causing chaos.