1. We're inside a major metropolitan bank. The nefarious villain The Trapster is in the midst of a robbery - and it looks as though he's already defeated out heroine! Araña - outfitted as Spider-Girl - is ensnared in Trapster's icky adhesive. She's struggling against it, trying to free herself - but she's not having much luck.
This is my life now.
2. Nearby, Trapster is yelling at the bank teller, his 'glue-gun' aimed squarely at the fellow's face.
Get me the money!
Or I'll glue your ass to your chair!!
I thought I had higher standards than this.
3. On Spider-Girl, gritting her teeth, still struggling.
Then again, there was that whole Looter thing yesterday...
And he's probably below this guy in the bad guy spectrum...
4. Small panel, in tight on the adhesive that's binding Spider-Girl. A crack has formed.
Okay, maybe not...
5. Back to Trapster, furious at the bank teller's slow pace.
In the bag!
Put in in the bag!!
I will glue you where you stand, I swear to God - - !
6. Trapster's half-turning. Spider-Girl's hand is on his shoulder, and she's smiling smugly.
Y'know, if there's one thing I figured you'd be good at,
it's the whole sticky-gluey thing...
7. Trapster looks deflated.
I ran out of sodium carbonate and polyaminoamide...
That's why I needed the money...
8. Spider-Girl punches Trapster in the face.
That's a shame.
Sime - I'm wondering whether you could get this down to 6 panels, or not...just a thought.ReplyDelete
Many of the panels would only need to be small so I think this could work.
In the end, I just feel bad for the Trapster.
Y'know, I probably could cut it down to 6. A couple of panels I could amalgamate... Panel 3 could be cut...ReplyDelete
Again, this is why I need an editor.
Well, I'm the last person to comment on over panelling a page on this site...ReplyDelete
This was a fun story, Simon, finding a natural adversary for Spider-Girl. I always liked the Trapster, even back to his Paste Pot Pete days. Pity Anya's too young to remember that.