1. Madame Masque presses up against Moon Knight. They are on the penthouse suite balcony atop a large skyscraper. The moon is out and full, no clouds, it’s almost a romantic night.
Masque: There’s gotta be something beneath that mask, right?
Masque: There’s always something beneath the mask.
2. Masque’s hand runs down Moon Knight’s chest.
Masque: But it’s so rarely pretty.
3. Masque’s hand is running down the side of Moon Knight’s side-abdominal muscles toward his groin. Here we see her other hand is pointing a small gun at his crotch.
Masque: And that’s okay. I like a little grim reality in my off hours.
4. Masque is in front of Moon Knight, her back to us. Her body is small, slim, tight. This figure juxtaposed by Moon Knight’s large and physical form, muscles rippled, shoulders higher and wider. His head looks down at her, shadow concealing his expression.
Masque: Do you want to see my grim reality?
5. Masque smiles with a tongue licking her lips.
Masque: I’m exactly how you see this terrible world.
6. Masque drops to her knees in front of Moon Knight - a wide shot.
Masque: If up is down and black is white then which way is home?
7. Masque uses both hands to press the gun into Moon Knight’s hand.
Masque: And can you ever really go there?
Yes, Moon Knight doesn't say much here but what could he really say in this position? His silence speaks a thousand words to me. You could argue that this is a Madame Masque page but I'd rather just know if it's a good page or not.
I agonised over how many panels were in this page, but in the end I wanted the scene to be spaced out, a little slower for the reader to really feel themselves in. I would imagine the first four panels at the top and the next three down the bottom.
I would love to see Declan Shalvey draw this page.