1. Hal Jordan lies on a hospital bed. He has a smudge of yellow paint on his chin and a bandage around his neck.
Caption-Hal: I’m just a fool.
Caption-Hal: They think I don’t know that?
2. Hal’s chart sits at the end of the bed, the major aspect we take in is that he won’t speak again.
Caption-Hal: But a fool is happy.
Caption-Hal: He rolls in his ignorance like a fat boar in his own squalid filth.
3. Carol walks into the room, she wears a trench coat over a dress. She’s gorgeous.
Caption-Hal: They see me a fool happy with his eyes sown shut.
Caption-Hal: Ha. A smarter man would be frozen with thought.
4. Hal’s eyes furrow, he’s determined, he’s angry.
Caption-Hal: No thought’s going to slow me down.
5. Carol holds her hand open for Hal. In her palm is a red ring.
Caption-Hal: I’ll break the sky over their heads.
Caption-Hal: My silent anger will kill us all.
This is where I think Frank Miller will be taking the character after events in All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder #9. It’s about the only way I could read Hal Jordan; as a mute fool out for revenge and blood.
Just imagine, a Frank Miller Red Lantern.