Bobby: C’mon, Hank, if you’re counting cards again I’m going to give those massive toes frostbite.
Hank: Robert, you’ll find you can’t rush perfection and if you try it grabs you by the throat with its “massive toes”.
Scott: You ever feel like Xavier brought us in to corral these children?
Warren: Maybe they just needed some positive role models? Keep them off the streets.
2. Bobby lays down an Ace of Clubs on top of Hank’s King of Clubs.
Bobby: Nerds, enough with the chatter, I take a nickel a point seriously.
Bobby (wh): You see me, McCoy? I’m seriously taking all your lunch money.
3. Bobby is starting the next round with the Seven of Spades and Scott is dropping the Five of Spades on top.
Scott: Don’t forget we are here to train, Bobby, not play.
Bobby: Whattaya gonna do, Slim? We’re teens, not Xavier’s personal kill squad. I’m here to have fun and so I say we get busy hunting the lady in the pack.
4. Marvel Girl (Jean) walks past the table, aloof, sensual, all eyes are on her, over cards, between them. Scott plays it the most casually.
Jean: You boys hear about the Bogart double bill playing down at the Claremont?
Bobby: No, I couldn’t hear it over the sound of me winning.
5. Scott looks at Warren who is perceptibly nodding behind his hand.
6. Scott stands up as he stuffs his cards in Warren’s wing. Bobby is clearly, but silently, unimpressed. Hank merely smiles. Warren is playing a card on the pile.
Scott: Y’know, my lacrosse team called me the Kniphausen Hawk in high school.
7. Scott and Jean are down the end of the corridor. Hank is laying a King of Hearts on the stack of cards.
Hank: I believe Hearts are broken.