Page 20 - 6 Panels
1. Robo stands in a military court, he's furious about proceedings.
Robo: Objection, heresy.
2. The judge smashes his hammer down. Robo facepalms.
Judge Kleinfeld: You mean here say, and the court will allow it.
3. Here we see a YouTube clip of the proceedings at the CERN Collider. The panel should be framed like a YouTube clip, timer down the bottom, etc. The timer is at 2:44. We see a supervillain strapped with a bomb and holding scientists hostage.
Prosecution: Here we see an agent of E.N.T.R.O.P.Y. getting his cackle on at the Large Hadron Collider.
Agent (in the clip): Amongst other things, it would appear running an empire isn’t what it used to be.
4. Same YouTube clip but the timeline shows it's minutes later, 5:12. Robo is punching the goon down the Collider's circular corridor while also pushing a button that says 'Initiate Sequence.' Some of this setting will have been shown more earlier in the issue.
Prosecution: Undue force was used in quelling the threat endangering the lives of potentially billions of people.
Robo (in the clip): See you...round.
5. Robo stands up from his seat once more.
Robo: That's right, people, like Newton...
6. Robo holds his fist up proud, the crowd behind erupts in cheers.
Robo: I do it with force!
Judge Kleinfeld: Order, order!
As soon as it came to Atomic Robo I knew two things – I’d have a 6 panel page because this book is like the ultimate webcomic, it reads so well digitally and I wanted to stay true to that, and I also knew I wanted to sneak more than one layer in. The YouTube clip came first. Then I had the courtmartial idea. The Hadron Collider (and Caruso/glasses line) came right at the end.
This was an absolute blast to write.