When writing the following dialogue, those parts labelled CAPTION should be in the usual caption boxes, and the speech by the characters in a word balloon from the corresponding characters.
1. Luke cage is sits in a rocking chair in the nursery at the Avengers Mansion. He is facing a crib, a book in hand as he reads to Danielle as she falls asleep. The window behind him shows that it is snowing.
Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung –
2. Same as Panel 1. However we can see two small hands appearing from underneath the cot. Luke Cage is standing, book in one hand while his other hand is gripped firmly on the back of the rocking chair.
“By Jiminy, who’s there?
Show yourself now, or you’ll be eatin’ this chair.”
3. A small elf is standing in front of the cot now. His head is bowed, hat in hands as he addresses Luke Cage. Luke has relaxed somewhat, as if he knows who this elf is (Pretty sure Luke has met one of Santa’s elves before).
His child sleeping all snug in her bed,
When out from under it came an elf with bowed head.
“Forgive me Luke Cage, I was looking for Cap,
It seems that dear Santa has fallen into a trap.”
4. Luke Cage has his hand on the elf’s shoulder, showing compassion as he talks.
Luke Cage he did say,
“You just have to make sure that Santa can pay”.
The elf looked confused, and then asked
Luke Cage looked down and said
“The Avengers pay squat.”
5. This frame should go the length of the page, as it shows the two teleporting from the Mansion to the North Pole. The elf has his eyes closed as it casts a teleportation spell. The background is in a transition of being the Avenger’s nursery room, and the barren arctic tundra.
The elf closed his eyes, and whispered a spell of old
Next thing he knew, Cage was at the North Pole!
6. A close up of Luke Cage’s face as he shivers in the cold. A string of snot dangles from his nose.
Luke was freezing, his nose all runny,
His teeth chattered loudly as he asked
”Where’s my money, honey?”