1. A tight shot of a pair of legs, walking through what looks to be a bombsite. Debris is everywhere, covered with dust. Think post Sept 11 level of decimation. Parts of building walls are still standing. Nothing is left alive.
They blew up the bridges a few hours ago.
2. The fees have stopped in front of what looks to be a notebook, its corner jutting out from a pile of dirt.
Some bartered their way onto ship, others just tried to swim.
2. A hand is wiping away the dust off a note pad. On the black, well used black cover are the words ‘PRESS’ scrawled on with white out.
3. The notebook is open as the unseen figure opens it up to the last entry. We can see the previous captions written on the pages. What would be the next caption is written on the dirty page. The next caption in the next panel is only slightly visible. Perhaps the first two words.
Notebook reads: If this is going to be the end, I’m going to see it through.
4. An aerial view of the DMZ, decimated. It has been levelled by many missiles. Nothing is left of the former Manhattan Island. The Statue of Liberty is the only structure left standing.
I can hear the planes now.