PAGE ONE – 5 PANELS.
1. EXT. Early evening. Dusk is setting in. A few stars twinkle in the darkening sky. A snowy scene in Lapland. The snow still falls, a forest is on the horizon. Dead centre in the foreground is a large log cabin. Smoke rises from its chimney and light can be seen from all the windows. A huge flashing neon sign above the building reads CLUB SUGAR ELF.
Christmas eve 2012.
2. INT. Club Sugar Elf. We are inside a bar. It’s rustic and looks like the bar from Cheers. Christmas lights and decorations hang up everywhere, an open log fire burns bright in the fireplace. A big old jukebox plays in the other corner. A small Christmas elf by the name of CANDYCANE stands on a barstool behind the bar cleaning a pint glass with a red and green kitchen towel. CANDYCANE is about three foot tall, he wears a large green pointy hat, curly elf shoes and a white apron over his red Christmas jumper. His cheeks are rosy red. This is his bar. Sat on the customer side of the bar is the anthropomorphic RUDOLPH. He sits nursing his milk from a whisky glass. He wears a nice grey suit with a red tie matching his bright nose.
You guna sit here all night Big Red?
Don’t call me that, no one’s called me that in years.
You at least want another drink?
Give me milk.
3. Repeat of panel 2. However now CANDYCANE is pouring RUDOLPH another drink.
VOICE: (Off panel)
Hold that drink Candycane.
4. Shot from behind the bar. RUDOLPH and CANDYCANE both have their backs to us as they look towards the entrance to THE SUGAR ELF to see who just spoke. Standing in front of the door, having just come in is the anthropomorphic VIXEN. She wears a knee length well fitting black dress, tights and black high heels, her lips as bright red as RUDOLPH’s nose. She has a thick fake fur coat on.
What do you want Vixen?
You not out with Dasher tonight?
This isn’t about us tonight Big Red.
It’s about Old Nick.
5. Insert panel into the bottom right of 4. Close up on the sad face of VIXEN.
He’s missing Rudolph.