1. A classroom in 1924. The following diagram (http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/2/f/5/2f5cafe783184f1881c99fbeaafe7a80.png) is on the black board, with all students facing forward except one. In the middle of class a young boy lazes back in his chair, looking out the window.
< Therefore, what does the following formula tell us? Hm? >*
*Translated from German.
2. From the teacher’s point of view. All the students are avoiding his gaze as they are not sure what the answer is. All accept, again the young man who is looking out the window.
TEACHER (Off panel)
< No one? Right. Von Hammer, tell them. >
3. The student who was looking out the window is now facing front, rattling off the answer.
< Sir, it shows that the period of oscillation is independent of both the amplitude and gravitational acceleration , Sir .>
4. The teacher is looking at Von Hammer. He is impressed.
< Correct, as usual Von Hammer. I think we have a future physicist in our class, hm? >
< Not me Sir. >
5. Von Hammer’s Fokker Dr.I Dreidecker is in the air in the midst of battle.
CAPTION (Von Hammer)
< I'm going to be a pilot. >