So begins my 2013 run on Thoughtballoons. This year I am going to try something a little different. An on going adventure, one page a week for 52 weeks.
This is where we start, lets see where we end up.
PAGE ONE – 5 PANELS.
1. EXT. Deep space. In the dying moments of a planet that is imploding in on itself the UNSC halcyon class light cruiser KNIGHTFALL is being ripped in two by the sheer power of the dying planet.
As one story comes to a tragic end.
2. INT. Escape pod section of the UNSC KINGHTFALL. Orbital Drop Shock Trooper codename Juliet stands in full ODST armour, minus helmet, a battle rifle slung over her shoulder. Juliet has one side of her head shaved; the other has long red hair. He face is still beautiful despite the many scars. The panel has a red tint to it emanating from the warning light flashing on the wall to her side.
Another is just about to begin.
3. INT. JULIET sits inside one of the DROP PODS designed for her recon unit. She is strapped in and facing us. A look of steely determination on her face.
4. EXT. Deep space. The DROP POD fires from the belly of KNIGHTFALL away from the chaos and destruction of the dying planet. Around the base of the drop pod some kind of dark green fungus spore grows.
5. EXT. Deep space. The chaos of the KNIGHTFALL and the dying planet are but a colourful cloud of mayhem in the background. JULIET’s drop pod falls through space heading towards the swirling, whirlpool of an uncharted wormhole.
Feet first into hell.