ONE PAGE – 6 PANELS.
1. Ext. My small country primary school on a hot summers day.
CAPTION ME: I could tell you so many stories of how my passion for writing was sparked.
CAPTION ME: But like all good tales it’s worth starting at the beginning.
2. Int. Classroom a substitute teacher, who looks a heck of a lot like Captain Haddock from Tintin stands before his class in front of the white board. He is broadly smiling and clearly so very happy to be teaching.
CAPTION ME: He told us a tale that ended…
TEACHER: … You stumble and fall down the hole in your back garden.
TEACHER: Now what happens next? I want you tell me.
CAPTION ME: Anything could happen next…
3. A young me walks down a dark tunnel.
CAPTION ME: I remember the thrill of my pen on paper. My words could make anything appear at the end of this tunnel.
4. A young me sits a top a dragon, a long cloak around my shoulders blowing in the wind a crown on my head, a wooden short sword in my hand.
CAPTION ME: I made a lot of things appear.
5. The large old hand of my substitute teacher holds a copy of the Hobbit and hands it to me.
CAPTION ME: My teacher read my story. He told me I’d like a book of his.
CAPTION ME: So he lent it to me.
6. Close up on a computer screen.
The screen reads: And here I am still falling down that hole.