1. The final tournament in Street Fighter 1. A shot of Ryu's head snapping towards the reader as Sagat lands a blow with his knee to Ryu's cheek.
CAPTION: Jinkaku kansei ni tsutomuru koto
CAPTION: Seek perfection of character.
2. Ryu is picking himself up from the ground, bruised and looking worse for wear. Sagat is winning this fight.
CAPTION: Makoto no michi o mamoru koto
CAPTION: Be Sincere.
3a. A series of small, quick panels showing Ryu getting beaten. This should go across the page. The caption should run across the top and bottom of these smaller panels to it looks like a flurry of attacks. The first panel shows Sagat's fist connecting with Ryu's face.
CAPTION: Reigi o omonzuru koto
3b. This panel shows a knee connecting with Ryu's solar plexus.
3c. An elbow of Sagat is coming down hard on the base of the back of Ryu's neck.
CAPTION: Respect others.
4. Sagat's hand is lifting Ryu's head up. His hand all but covers the top of Ryu's head. We can see Ryu's eye's have a red tinge to them.
CAPTION: Doryoku no seishin o yashinau koto
CAPTION: Put maximum effort into everything you do.
5. Ryu is performing a devastation Dragon Uppercut on Sagat. It is delivered with such force that it has ripped open Sagat's chest. This is how Sagat got his scar.
6. Sagat lies on the ground, bleeding from the wound on his chest. Ryu stands above him - eyes glowing red and face looking darker. This is the first time he has tapped into the dark hadou - his face looks darker and distorted with anger.
CAPTION: Kekki no yuu o imashimuru koto
CAPTION: Develop self control.
A very interesting page, Ben.ReplyDelete
I like how the captions appear to be ironically referring to Sagat until the switch where it's turned on its head to be Ryu. Also some very good moments to grab out of the fight.
Out of curiosity, are these maxims from anything in particular?