Monday, November 17, 2014
Hawk and Dove - The Same Coin - Ben Rosenthal
1. A thug sits in a chair. He is lit up by the light of an opened door which is opposite him and off panel. He is scared. A shadow of someone entering the room can be seen cutting through the light from the opened door.
S-s-stay away. STAY AWAY!
2. Reveal of the person coming through the door - it is Dove in full costume. He looks concerned at the man's predicament.
What is it? Are you ok?
THUG (off panel)
Thank God. I thought you were Hawk.
3. Dove is playing with the Thug's straps, looking like he is trying to untie them.
Hawk died years ago.
See that's what I thought. 'Til he jumped me, beat me and bought me here.
He's alive I tells ya.
4. Dove is standing, looking down at the Thug who is still tied to the chair. He is looking up in horror at Dove's face, but we cannot see why (as we cannot see his face).
I don't know about alive--
5. Reveal close up of Dove's face. It is horrific - a cross between a demon and a hawk. Something you would see in old Japanese demon legends. It's mouth is wide with a hint of a beak in stead of lips. Sharp teeth point out from it.
But he would kill for a bite to eat.