Originally I had no idea how to write a comic page. I was at the time writing for TV and radio and those scripts are very different. I was also a very different person back then. I've matured as a writer and as an individual so there are certain edits made. Enjoy this Special Edition of my first script.
1. TONY STARK and PEPPER POTTS are lying in bed. Tony looks distant, wrist resting upon his forehead as he stares at the roof with a distant look on his face.
PEPPER: I can hear you thinking.
TONY: I’m not thinking. I’m asleep. Honest.
PEPPER: You’re Tony Stark. You’re always thinking something.
TONY: I was thinking about my father.
2. Pepper has rolled on to her side, sensing that Tony wants to talk but not admitting it.
PEPPER: Right, spill it. Because we both know we aren't getting any sleep until you do.
TONY: Well that’s just selfish.
PEPPER: Yes it is, black kettle. Talk.
3. A close up on TONY looking at the ceiling.
TONY: Fine. I’ll skip the “he was to interested in his work to pay any attention to me” part, and the whole “I became great with machines to get my father’s approval” section, and go straight to – I think my father created Iron Man.
4. Reverse on Pepper looking somewhat confused.
TONY: He may not have made the suit, but I was Iron Man long before it came along. He never had time for me. Always focusing on the next invention. Sound familiar?
5. Back to both Tony and Pepper on the bed. Pepper is on her side still, looking at Tony as he looks at her still on his back.
TONY: I turned to machines in order to gain his approval, but I think I a part of me found them so appealing because they don’t judge.
TONY: There was never a threat of rejection like there was with him. With people.
6. Close up on Tony returning his gaze to the ceiling.
TONY: I put up walls. Wrapped myself in ego to prevent anyone from ‘getting in’.
TONY: I have always been an Iron Man – the shrapnel just gave me an excuse to make it official.