This starts off from an semi-autobio story of my second to last night in living in New York City.
4.1: I’m climbing the steps that outlet onto BLEECKER STREET. A taco stand to my left and the main strip in front of me.
DISPLAY LETT[LEFT]: BLEECKER STREET.
4.2: I’m joining a crowd of people trying to get into the HOUSING WORKS BOOKSTORE. There are a bunch of lingerers smoking cigarettes and chatting. The door is quite clogged.
1. CAPTION [LOCATION]: Housing Works Bookstore.
4.3: SPLASH! Inside of the bookstore: filled with books and large dance floor. Tons of people are everywhere. There is a GIRL pushing herself out of the crowd towards me.
2. GIRL: DAVE!
4.3: The GIRL is up to me now. She has dreadlocks and wire-frame glasses. She’s wearing a black shirt and some khakis.
3. GIRL: Glad you could make it.
4. ME: Thanks for inviting me, Mac! Relieved to be out of school?
4.4: We’re heading over to the bar on the far side of bookstore.
5. MAC: Feels great! How does it feel to be done with grad school?
6. ME: Awesome! I never thought I would make it…
7. MAC: I hear ya!
4.5: At the bar, we’re holding two Stella Artois bottles.
8. MAC: So, what are you going to do your last night in town?
9. ME: Second to last night.
9B. ME: I’m thinking about just spending it with you.