USSR 001—“Back In The…”—7 Pages
David Press / February 3, 2016 / Draft 0.3
1.1: We’re going to open in the grand ballroom of some early NINETEENTH CENTURY Russian palace. There are grand costumes and all sorts of eclectic faces. There is a band playing in the far right corner of the room. The band has a guitarist, a drummer, and a singer—kind of out of place for the time period.
1. CAPTION [TIME/LOCATION]: St. Petersburg, Russia. 1917.
1.2: We’re getting closer to the BAND who are dressed up in period-Amadeus-like outfits. The LYRICS from the band will float over the panel.
2. DISPLAY: OH WE’RE BACK IN THE…!
1.3: Cutting away to the downstairs of the palace where butlers, servers, and tailors bustle around in suits, tuxedos and black and white dresses. One server calls after another who is walking off panel.
3. SERVER: NAZHMITE! NAZHMITE.
1.4: SERVER 1 catches up to the TAILOR who is holding a piece of dress over his arm.
4. SERVER 1: Nazhmite! Press—is your hearing silent?
5. TAILOR: What do you want Nik?
6. SERVER 1: You’d better hurry up…the princess is expecting it for her wedding tomorrow.
1.5: Upstairs a BUTLER crashes through the door into the ballroom. The doors are wide and he’s shouting at the top of his lungs.
7. BUTLER: The CZAR AND HIS FAMILY ARE DEAD!
7B. Butchered by the Leninists!