Gertrude is being made to fetch a unicorn horn so that she can continue on in her quest to blah blah blah.
Gertrude stares out at the reader through a set of binoculars. In the reflection of the binoculars can be seen the silhouette of a slightly lumpy unicorn.
1. GERTRUDE: Heh. Your horn will soon be mine.
Gertrude sneaks across a meadow of tall grass leaving a trail in her wake. She has a large net ready to go. The unicorn is still obscured from sight by the tall grass.
2. SFX (grass rustling): snnnnneeeeaaaaakkk
Gertrude tosses the net off panel with a shout of accomplishment and mad smile of success.
3. Gertrude: Gotcha, you pretentious pony!
Gertrude looks horribly confused as she looks at the what she has captured. The reader is still unable to see the unicorn.
4. Gertrude: Wait. What the hornswaggling hobgoblin?
Full reveal of the “unicorn”, which is not a unicorn at all! Instead, the net has captured a collection of gnomes pretending to be a unicorn. There are five gnomes in total, all holding up cutouts of a lumpy 2D cutout that has been poorly painted to look like a unicorn. The first three gnomes look horribly ashamed, the fourth gnome looks happy, and the last gnome looks stereotypically stupid. All three are trying to speak.
5. GNOME 1 (head): “Uh...”
6. GNOME 2 (shoulders/legs): “It's not what it looks like...”
7. GNOME 3 (stomach): “For a costume party.”
8. GNOME 4 (back legs): “We're cosplaying!”
9. GNOME 5 (butt/tail): “I'm a unicorn butt!”
- END -