1.1: A ghastly winter storm streaks across the first wide panel on the page.
1. CAPTION: In the old tales there was a popular phrase.
2. CAPTION: “Winter is coming.”
1.2: There’s a figure in the winter storm.
3. CAPTION: Winter’s always been here.
1.3: Close on the face of the SHADOW. The shadow is ARBOR, our hero. He’s wearing a Moebius-like facemask. Let’s have it long and pointed like a bird’s face. This can be a small panel.
4. CAPTION: They call it “Infinite Winter.”
1.4: Arbor’s white boot steps up to a skull in the shallow snow.
5. CAPTION: This is bad.
1.5: A white-gloved hand sweeps away the edges of snow around the skull to see bits of ribcage and some spinal cord. The glove should be one of this heavy-duty winter gloves—perhaps there’s a steel plate covering the hand for protection.
6. CAPTION: Very bad. These bones aren’t going to talk much.
1.6: Pan out to the reference image: the dialogue of ARBOR appears above his head.
7. CAPTION: How am I going to bring this to the boss? He’s not going to be happy.