Interior, dimly lit coffee house situated in a much larger complex like a mall. The motif appears to be something out of a 40s noir. A woman in a red dress and red hat sips on a coffee. She is seated on a couch with a man in a three piece suit. The man nervously darts his eyes around as he talks.
1. MAN: You ain't gonna believe me. This is just too… It couldn't be.
The woman in red lights holds a cigarette out, which the man dutifully lights.
2. WOMAN: What do you mean, honey?
A detailed view of the coffee house as the man sees it. The dimly lit coffee-house is even darker, with shadows falling across everything in a noir style. The only other two people in the coffee-house are another woman, in a dark blue dress-suit, seated at a small table with a cup and a male barrista dressed like a classic bartender with a vest and white collared shirt.
3. MAN: Last night we were in our Prius on our way to a comic convention. But now...deep shadows, 1940s clothing, your sultry tone, and smoking.
4. MAN: Neither of us smoke. I don't even know why I have a lighter!
5. MAN: It's like we've wandered into a noir film. Except we're drinking coffee instead of whiskey.
The woman blows a curl of smoke as she rolls her eyes.
6. WOMAN: Don't be ridiculous. You can't drink whiskey at 10 in the morning.
7. WOMAN: Besides, don't noir films require a criminal element?
The man and woman look over at the counter with startled surprise.
8. SFX (OP): SMACK!
A small man in a three-piece suit yells at the barrista angrily, his fist still on the counter between them. Behind him stands a taller, more muscular man with a scar across his face. The barrista leans away in fear.
9. ANGRY-MAN: You think you can get out of it that easy?!