Interior, old house. A small girl, no older than six, finds a piece of paper on the ground of an old attic. The attic is very dusty but relatively empty.
1. GIRL: What's this? A puzzle?
The paper is visible and it has a picture of a beatle, a plus sign, and a glass of juice.
2. GIRL: Beetle...juice? Beetlejuice.
3. GIRL: What's "beetlejuice"?
Beetlejuice, the character, steps into the room from a puff of green smoke. His hands are splayed wide as though he were stepping out onto stage. The little girl looks at him in surprise.
4. BEETLEJUICE: I'm back, baby!
Beetlejuice looks down at the little girl in surprise, like it wasn't who he was expecting.
5. BEETLEJUICE: Hey. You're not... who I was expecting.
6. GIRL: Sorry...?
Beetlejuice pats his jacket like he is looking for something.
7. BEETLEJUICE: No biggie.
8. BEETLEJUICE: Hey, you wouldn't happen to have a smoke, would ya?
- END -